Thursday, April 1, 2010

Writing Excercise

Here's a writing exercise we did in my Performance Poetry Class a while back.
We had to create a poem out of questions.

I just wrote a string of poetic questions that have nothing to do with each other.

Why does she give birth to more children than sonnets?
When did we become more like ants than gorillas?

Why do we enslave ink in our pens and then put them on the auction block of paper?
Why are our heads filled with brains instead of hearts?

Why must I walk in your shoes to know your story wouldn't it be better to walk in your skin?
Why does it matter how many colors are in the rainbow when we don't appreciate them equally anyway?

How many poets does it take to screw in a light bulb? None because they're too busy writing about its former luminescence. 

1 comment:

  1. what a great blog! I`m so happy I found it! Here is so many inspirations and I love it! <3

    Have a nice time,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete