Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Weekly Inspiration

Here's an original piece by me. (not finished btw)
Read this today in my Performance Poetry class

Enjoy!


My Crow, Soft Word

you were my favorite
grammatical error
no matter how much I tried to fix you, you just kept 
popping 
up 
on my page as incorrect
I kept typing you in over and over in different orders 
and you still came up in Spell Check
I gave my all.
Placing my brackets around places I never put them before
Inserting your comma within my quotation marks
Entering and back spacing 
entering and back spacing
ENTER
BACK 
SPACE
SPACE, TAB, SHIFT, SHIFT, ALT, 
CONTROL
RETURN
until my      fingers hurt 
My friends said, "This is a fragment, consider revising" 
But I begged to differ
I was determined to mold you into the perfect phrase
I tried everything that i could yet
you still had that little green squiggly line dwelling underneath you

you really began to piss me off
you were the one thing ruining my life's masterpiece

so i decided maybe my memoir was better off with out you 
and miraculously 
all my problems were over once i hit that button. 
DELETE.


ttyl .... xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment